Cyber law is a term which means issues related to internet, communication and electronic elements which includes hardware, software, computer and information systems. The role of cyber law is, it handles the cases of cyber crime which are illegal activities committed on internet. The lawyer of this cyber crime handles cases which are against to persons, property and government. Cyber lawyer involves in cyber crime case where he prepare, examine and advocate a case for the client.
The most important thing is it is an important aspect of legal training and corporate management. Hacking is one of the major cyber crimes including people’s personal accounts, cyber terrorism and spread of viruses.
A cyber lawyer is one who gets practices in all types of specializations, like they work at small, medium and large firms’. They even the work in private and federal government. Here there is government attorney who works as criminal lawyers to develop and enforce civil laws and federal prosecutors they bring charges of federal cyber Law violations. Whereas state attorneys local and general prosecutors they bring charges of violations of cyber law.
Now here if we see criminal attorneys and government attorneys they may work for agencies which enforce cyber laws which aid to use of public to use internet in safe ways.
If we talk about private attorneys they also work for cyber laws for which they defend clients of state and federal criminal charges. If the client has gone through any dispute regarding contract of cyber, here they rely on the cyber lawyer to negotiate the dispute.
- Attorneys who meet the clients understand their cases; help them, with cyber litigation they need to study hard to build their case.
- Helping clients by attorneys creates a best practice to them for conducting business and personal affairs.
Relation between cyber security and cyber crime:
- When one looks around entire ecosystem, one finds that there is direct connection between cyber security and cyber crime, because more cyber crime effectively means former cyber security breaches.
- There is no wonder today’s cyber criminals are extremely focused on breaching the cyber security of networks and mobile devices. In this context when one looks at the figures and statistics all around it does not readily present a very bright picture in fact cyber security ventures has estimated global cause of cyber crime is expected to increase and reach up to 6 trillion US dollars by 2021.
- It has been further estimated that the global spending on cyber security products and service expected to come up to 1 trillion US dollars cumulatively in 2021.
- USA has declared arena of national emergency of cyber threats, increasingly important priority for various national government do not just come up with strong cyber crime laws but also come out with new legal frame works to effectively regulate activities concerning cyber security in this cyber digital and electronic ecosystem.
What are the laws of the United States?
There are various forms of laws such as codified or uncodified law which are being practiced in the United States. The laws of the U.S are derived from 5 sources that is statutory law, constitutional law, administrative laws, common laws that includes case law and treaties. The constitution of the U.S has set its boundary for the federal law, that includes the treaties by the Senate, acts of congress (it is a statute by the U.S Congress which acts as a public law when it comes to the general public and also private when it is regulated for specific institutions), the regulations that are promoted by the executive branches and the law that is originated from federal judiciary that is the ‘case law’. Basically statutes mean the laws that are imposed and are accepted by the legislative bodies such as the United States Congress as well as the state legislatures. So the various levels of laws of the U.S. include Federal law, State laws and local Laws and many more.
The different types of laws that are practiced in the United States:
The various types of laws in the U.S is what helps to provide a wide variety of scope to its students in learning about the laws and implementing it on a daily basis. Education in this field acts as a great part of life which helps the student in exploring. Also, knowing about various laws might get your attention towards learning law and the exact type of it. So let’s have a look at the few of the different types of law that is practiced in the United States.
- Civil right laws mainly focus on balancing the competition of interests between the individual or a group of individual (having same interest) in one hand and the institutions of government on the other hand. The lawyers who practice these laws deal with cases such as discrimination and liberties such as employment, housing, expression, education and many other entitlements and also the unfair practices that break the terms given on rights.
- Criminal laws which basically focuses on the behaviors that are put under the criminal code and is also known as the illegal works. The district attorneys as well as the Prosecutors can sanction the illegal behavior whereas the lawyers stand for the client is accused of the criminal behavior. It is the reason why the security of individual interests and the groups are protected.
- Bankruptcy law is applied to the situation where insolvency takes place, it might be the problems of individuals or even some organizations. The important effect part on the bankruptcy procedure is possible by State laws. The constitution directly issues such type of cases and this is in the domain of federal issues. United States bankruptcy code is a subset of the United States code.This is bankruptcy law.
- Business or Corporate law This corporate or business law involves the dissolution, formation as well as many of the legal aspects that are of the administration of the corporation. Acquisitions, mergers, reorganization of internal parts and the disputes that take place between the individuals concerned for liability and the various corporations, compliance with federal law as well as state laws, patents, and also many of the international records are the typical duties that corporate lawyers have to deal with. All this kind of cases are best handled by lawyers who have good knowledge of business law or corporate law. In house counsel a legal professional whose sole (the only) client is a corporation.
- Admiralty or Maritime Law: The admiralty or maritime law basically deals with the various kinds of property disputes which includes marine trade, navigation, sailors or activities which is based on land which by nature is maritime. This law also regulates economic transactions. Well, let me clear this out to you that, Maritime law is not at all the synonymous for “laws of the sea”, which is the realm of the international law for public as well as deals with many other rights such as the right to minerals, navigate or coastal waters jurisdiction.
- Environmental law: This law mostly concerns regulations, treaties or a multitude of statutes, and also the conventions which are based on federal, state and transnational law. Advocacy organizations, government agencies or individual can be represented by legal professionals who keep on practicing in such fields. The cases involving curbing of pollution or the disputes about the lands as well as littoral use and also the management of natural resources are the types of cases that most gains the focus of the Environmental lawyers.
- Entertainment law: This law is basically related to Intellectual property. The compliance with regulations for the amateurs athletics as well as professional athletics. This law is more specific in the case of arts, television, music, athletics or sports or simply cinemas.
So these are few of the types of laws that are practiced in the United States and have their own advantages and few disadvantages.…Read More
If you are the kind of person who love to study and work with social science, you need to get into a law school. However, a study of law consists of a lot of categories. Law is a set of rules created and enforced through governmental and social organizations to regulate certain behaviors. Law is abiding by the rules regulated over a community in order to ensure proper functionality of that community. Without these rules, the community cannot be composed, and may lead to chaos. This is the reason law is given premier importance among all the other education paths.
Main subject domains:
In order to make law as your career option, it is important to choose the course that suits you that you are going to study very carefully. Some main subject domains under the law are: Legal history, economic analysis, sociology and philosophy. If you have to get into law school, you may have to study your undergraduate course.
The following are the list of undergraduate degree courses that you can opt in these subject domains:
- History– 85% of the students got admitted into law school from this domain from 2016 to 2017 with a student population of about 3500 law school applicants. Average score of LSAT for this batch of law applicants was 156 out of 180. According to a recent analysis of the LSAT, over 3,138 applicants were traced and the average scored was 156.3 out of 180 and 85% of the students were picked and assigned to the law schools. To have a strong foundation of history for law, it is expected to have good knowledge about American Legal system development. Majors in history is viewed challenging, it is also one of the kind of subject domain which can be done by many students as well.
- Political Science– this is the area which most of the students opt as it is a subject having to cover all the concepts of civics, meaning; everything you need to know about civilization. Since many students opt for this domain, there happen to be a maximum number of applicants from the field of political science. Another reason this domain is recommended is because it’s very closely linked to the legal systems. According to the recent examination information got, 11,347 applications were received with an average score of 153.6 out of which 80% of the students were placed in law schools. Political science is under the realm of social science. The main focus here is on government systems, thereby on the political behavior.
- Economics– it is an interesting major to be selected if you are interested to work with corporate law, intellectual property rights and many other specializations. There were around 2,757 with an average score of 159 and 86% of selected students in this field. It is a recommended field to opt.
- Psychology– is another such field which is much required for law students. It has around 2, 238 applicants with scores of 157.2 and 83% of students get selected for this field.
The below infographic shows mean LSAT scores of specific undergraduate majors:
Choosing A Path
While there are certainly some undergraduate degrees that are more advantageous for pursuing law school there is no perfect choice. Another thing to consider is if you want to keep your options open to avenues other than law school. Certain degrees may keep other doors open. Maybe you decide you want to start the next best hookup app rather than venturing into law. For tech and app development you may want to focus on computer science and this wouldn’t remove the option to get your J.D. in the future. This all to say that there is no singular path to the educational and career pursuit of law. …Read More